Youth Arts Alliance (YAA) is seeking a dynamic, organized individual to support the operations of our healing-centered arts programming. This is a full-time position with a desired start in February 2023.
YAA firmly believes that access to high-quality arts experiences and education is a human right. We’re committed to sharing healing-centered arts practices with youth artists, their families, and communities with local teaching artists’ dedicated support and expertise. YAA programming invites connection, dialogue, and empathy, bringing us towards healthier, more just, collaborative communities.
The YAA Operations Specialist will provide operational support to the Founding Director, Program Manager, teaching artists, community partners and other contractual staff of YAA. They will be responsible for supporting the YAA through financial oversight and coordination, implementing contract and payroll systems, administration of required documents of participants, staff, contractors and organizational partners. The Operations Specialist reports directly to the Founding Director.
1. Financial Administration (60%):
- Contractual management for community programming partners
- Payroll coordination for staff and contractors
- Oversight and updating of operational budget in collaboration with accountant services
- Support of grant management and financial reporting
2. Systems Management (20%):
- Organization and coordination of all required operational documentation:
- Nonprofit regulations
- Participant registration
- Fund development tracking
- Onboarding and operational orientation for employees and contractors across multiple programming sites
- Develop and support of organizational policies and procedures in collaboration with organizational leadership
3. Other Duties (20%):
- Organizational calendar management
- Communication with YAA Board of Directors
- Project support
- Logistical coordination of collaborative initiatives
Required Qualifications and Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or commensurate work experience;
- At least 3 years in nonprofit management and/or program implementation;
- At least 2 years of grant writing and reporting experience;
- At least 2 years experience in budget management or fiscal oversight;
- Proficiency in GSuite (including Drive, Docs, Sheets and Calendar) and Quickbooks or similar accounting software;
- Experience providing operational support to a nonprofit or business, including coordination of HR activities and/or employee and contract management;
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple projects at once;
- Solution-focused, with the ability to prioritize responsibilities effectively;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A team player who is ready to work with a small leadership team and shares the values of YAA.
Other Desired Qualifications and Qualities:
- A connective, relationship builder with a collaborative spirit;
- Grounded and adaptable: able to meet people where they are and be flexible with organizational transitions and staffing changes;
- A willingness to support youth-driven spaces; elevates youth leaders, centering their voices and vision in a real way (not just tokenizing);
- Person-focused with the ability to listen and express empathy;
- Experience with artist development or supportive programming rooted in arts and/or activism;
- Passion for social justice work and community engagement; and
- A personal connection to Ypsilanti and surrounding Washtenaw communities.
This is a full-time position with pay of $60-$65k/year, dependent on experience.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds (art supplies) for short periods of time and carry them short distances.
- Must have reliable transportation to partner sites throughout Washtenaw County and our Ypsilanti office.
- The position is hybrid remote and in-person (50% of the time)
- Must show proof of Covid-19 vaccination or relevant exemptions to be eligible for in-person work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a cover letter indicating your skills and experience to email@example.com by Friday, February 3, 2023.
YAA is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of race, religion, color,
national, social, or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, a record of arrest or conviction, gender identity or
expression, height, weight, physical disability, military and veteran status, family or parental status. Candidates of color,
women, LGBTQ+ individuals and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.